South Coast Cycling has joined with Onkaparinga council to be part of the pilot Club Coach Developer program.
We are excited about being selected for this program and believe the program can see the Coach Developer Program working effectively in our club.
The first step to make it happen is the search for a South Coast Cycling Club Coach Developer.
If you think you would like to take on this role or know of someone else that would fit this role please see the attached documents. Here
The South Coast Cycling club needs a Coach Developer who:
- Believes in the value of the Coach Developer Program and wants to support junior coaching
- Is willing to volunteer their time to regularly attend most (not every) junior training session
- Ideally have experience as a coach, leader or mentor, but not as a cycling coach specifically
- Be a good communicator – is able to create a trusting relationship between themselves and the junior coaches
- Must have working with children check or able to obtain one.
The Club Coach Developer will learn to observe and provide feedback on general coaching strategies and nothing considered cycling based or technical in nature.
As South Coast Cycling junior track training sessions are due to commence in late September, we need to have someone in place very soon,
therefore please contact me of if you are interested in the role and or need more information or if you know someone that would be keen to take on the role, please forward this email to them.
Feel free to email or call if you would like any further assistance or information in regard to this role.